Sunday, February 21, 2010

Revising and laziness

I was really good about writing in my blog on time last semester. This semester though I have gotten lazy and put it off. I am going to work on fixing that bad habit. My opinion on peer review is that it can be helpful and times if they are going you more than its good. Really pointing out what points and themes stood out to the reader helps. Also knowing what the reader finds interesting and what they could care less about. Revising is apart of growing as a writer I think. The first draft may look nothing like the first. I find with my first draft of my papers I usually find myself throwing all my ideas and thoughts on the page. I sometimes don’t know exactly what specific thing I want to write about yet. I mean sometimes criticism may seem like an attack on you but it not really. What’s the point in writing a paper that now one cares to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment