Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Facebook for Academic pruposes
I have never thought about using Facebook for academic purposes mostly because almost every professor I have had since coming to college can not stand that students getting on Facebook instead of paying attention in class. I guess it all depends what goes on the Facebook page on whether it could be used in another way other than social networking. I really doubt my peers will leave Facebook just because more pages of non-personal pages started to pop up. I mean students still kept a Facebook even if their parents or professors own one. There really is not much difference. I do not know if Facebook will have a future in the work place. I think it would be hard to track who is really using it work and who is just playing around on the networking site. I honestly do not use Facebook to often I did not get a Facebook until I came to Ball State because everyone here had one. I have a Myspace as well. I have kind of gotten away from social networking sites. I use it to keep in touch with a few friends who do not have cell phones. I do not belong to very many organizations on Facebook. To be honest I have no idea what a wigets even is. I would think an Academic page would need to look more professional then a personal page.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This sounds like it will be an enlightening project for all of us! Actually FB is used a lot by business as a marketing tool to reach your generation especially. We'll look at some of those sites.
ReplyDelete