Wednesday, October 7, 2009

beah writing sytle

Beah writing style is interesting to me, maybe its like Beah said the fact that in his culture describing a word instead of just saying the word is how they speak. I have read other books where the author is describing things such as an object or place but when he writes it’s different. I find describing the little details make the story more interesting. I am a visual reading so those help me picture the details in my head. He writing is very rare and vivid.

I have trouble with being to vague in my writing that is probably one of the reasons I can never seem to write enough in assignments. Something has helped me though is the observation worksheet we were given. I had never been given an outline to take notes on like that before it really helped me. I found it easier to take notes and spent less time thinking about writing and more time taking notes. I noticed I wrote more details about everything.

Beah bouncing around in time I found it different as well. I had only came across that in movies. It helped though make the book set itself apart from others.  It’s almost like he is telling the story as it is happening at times in book. Almost to give the effect of the experience he had in a way. I like his writing style. I made me want to read the book. 

1 comment:

  1. You make some very astute observations, Kristen! I see your writing changing as your blog progresses. Your "voice" is coming through very well.

    ReplyDelete